Top ten cautionary lessons to be learned from Mr. Lovecraft:
1. Don’t eat the cheap canned stuff.
2. Don’t choose a day-job that’s too similar to your creative work.
3. If you must work for idiots, at least get the payments up front.
4. Writing faux-antique poetry may not be the most certain route to fame and influence.
5. Don’t let the wife give up her day-job as soon as you’re married.
6. Candy bars are not a breakfast.
7. Keep carbon copies of all letters.
8. Don’t give your family’s money to an uncle to invest in a ‘sure-fire’ scheme.
9. When naming a cat, stick to traditional names like “Fluffy”.
10. Don’t correlate the contents.