My new book is here! Walking With Cthulhu : H.P. Lovecraft as psychogeographer, New York City 1924-26. 55,000 words, 198 pages. Illustrated.
I’m experimenting with giving it away free, for a limited time. Yes, that’s right the whole book for free, at least in PDF form. In exchange… please consider putting a web link on your blog, mentioning it to your Facebook friends, or just tapping out a quick tweet?
A good haul of new discoveries! Including two new possible sources for Cthulhu. All heavily referenced and footnoted. Dig in…
Timeline of Key Dates.
Introduction: A Walk in New York.
SURFACE: Walking the Streets of the City:
1. H.P. Lovecraft and the psychogeographers.
2. H.P. Lovecraft’s night walks in New York: psychogeographic techniques
3. The nature of the New York streets.
4. A note on H.P. Lovecraft and immigrants.
5. H.P. Lovecraft’s New York coffee houses and ice-cream parlours.
UNDERGROUND: On the Monstrous, Occult, and Hidden:
6. H.P. Lovecraft and the subway.
7. It emerged from the subways!
8. On mystical and occult New York.
9. On H.P. Lovecraft and Franz Boas
10. New York as R’lyeh, sunken city of Cthulhu.
Please note that ‘free’ does NOT mean ‘Creative Commons’.